The Oak Bay Police are pleased to provide a bike registration program to our residents. Information on the bike registry is accessible by other police agencies in the area, making it much easier for officers to reunite found or seized bikes with their rightful owners. Please download the bike registry form, complete and drop off in person to:
Oak Bay Police Department
Attn: Bike Registry
1703 Monterey Avenue
Victoria, BC V8R 5V6
Be sure to also save your purchase information and a photograph of your bike. In the event that it is stolen, this will aid in the identification process, getting your bike back to you and riding once again!
Protect Your Bike
- Register your bicycle with the police.
- Use a good-quality locking device such as a hardened steel “U” shaped lock, or a hardened steel chain and padlock.
- Lock your bicycle and both wheels to an immovable object which cannot be easily cut or broken.
Weak, inexpensive locks will not deter a proficient thief. It is pointless to save money by using a cheaply made lock, only to lose an expensive bicycle.
To prevent loss, accessories such as lights and bags, etc… should be detached and taken with you when the bicycle is left unattended.
Before riding your bicycle, take steps to protect yourself from injury.
- Wear an approved bicycle safety helmet.
- Use proper lights and reflectors.
- Follow all road safety rules.