Oak Bay Reserve Constables are volunteers. They provide support to the regular police members and provide service in community policing programs and activities. Reserves are expected to participate in crime prevention and community policing initiatives such as Speed Watch, Block Watch, Cell Watch, home and business security evaluations, and a host of others. You will see members of our Reserve Program at every event in Oak Bay. The minimum commitment expected is 120 hours per year for each Reserve Constable.
We are currently accepting applications for the Reserve Constable Program. The application deadline is October 15, 2021.
The Reserve Constable training will be taking place between the beginning of January 2022 and the end of March 2022. It will involve training two evenings a week and one day on the weekend.
- Be 19 years of age, fit and healthy;
- Not have a Criminal Record for which a pardon has not been granted;
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Have completed High School (supported by transcripts);
- Possess a valid Driver’s Licence and satisfactory driving record;
- Possess a current First Aid Certificate with CPR; and
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants who meet the above minimum standards are required to submit a formal resume outlining their education, work experience, references, personal data, and a brief cover letter explaining why you want to participate in the Oak Bay Reserve Constable Program. Please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to Sgt Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also contact Sgt Perry at 250-592-2424.
The formal portion of the process will involve medical exams, POPAT (Police Officer’s Physical Ability Test), interviews and a detailed criminal record and background check.